Samstag, 29. März 2014

The MAC Eye Shadow X15 Palettes Review



Hey Guys,

So as you know I bought both palettes which put quite a big hole in my purse…. If I think they are worth the money you will see if you keep reading ;) (I have been testing the two palettes since about the beginning of the month)





Hey (Veluxe Pearl), Warm Breeze (Satin), Gingersnap (Frost), Dark Brew (Velvet), Dance in the Dark (Matt)
Brule (Satin), Vanilla Extract (Frost), Honey Lust (Lustre), Amber Lights (Frost), Saddle (Matt)
Lemon Tart (Veluxe Pearl), Creative Copper (Lustre), Butterfudge (Satin), Divine Decandence (Velvet), Unwind (Veluxe Pearl)




Flounce (Matte), Sweet Allure (Satin), Sun Tweaked (Frost), After Dusk (Veluxe Pearl), Black Berry (Matte)
Pick Me Up (Matte), Cozy Grey (Matte), Crushed Clove (Frost), Deception (Frost), Brun (Satin)
Silver Fog (Lustre), French Clay (Frost), Cumulus (Frost), Pearled Earth (Veluxe Pearl), Blach Tied (Velvet)


So as the name Eye Shadow X15: Warm Neutral or Cool Neutral, depending on which you have, already tells us that we are talking about eye shadows, surprise ;) The palettes either contain cool toned coloures or warm toned. The text from MAC says that they are a highly pigmented powdery texture, which is easy to apply and to blend.

As you can see from the swatches below (Sorry the lighter colours don't show as strong as they really are), most coloures are really highly pigmented with some exceptions, but they can all be easily built up the only really exceptions are brule, warm breeze for me, but for my looks it doesn’t bother me because I don’t need these colours to be too pigmented. Also they stay on really well, I usually use my Paint Pot in Painterly as base and my eye makeup last me for about 10 hours depending on the day ;)

Warm Neutrals:

Cool Neutrals:
 
I have to say I love these palettes, since they arrived about a month ago I always use them when I apply eye shadow. With them you can create all kinds of looks. You can use one row of coloures in a palette, because they match or you can mix them up inside the palette. But if you want to you can mix the warm and the cool coloures, depending on what you like. For me it depends on my mood. For my job I can’t use too bold a makeup, but with the neutrals that is no problem and when I go out I can also use these palettes to create a heavier look.
Okay I will sum up my pros and cons for the palettes:

PROS:
+ A lot of neutral coloures
+A lot of different looks possible
+ Easy to apply and blend
+ Good pigmentation
+ stay on well, with paint pot as base up to 10 hours

CONS:
-Price , one palette 145€ in Germany

After looking at all these points I have to say, that for me personally it was worth spending the money on the palettes. I love using them, I love to use neutral coloures. For me it was also a good investment because them on a regular basis and they will still last me for a long long time. 
I would probably would have bought empty palettes and would have filled them with tons of neutrals but now I already have them. This way as pre pressed palettes they are cheaper even though they seem a lot more expensive now. I explained this already in my former post, where I wrote that they are available now.

If you are like me and love neutrals and you use them on a regular basis and are willing to pay a bit more on one occasion then I would suggest buying them because I really love them and can only recommend them!!

I hope you all have a nice weekend!! With as much sunshine as we have;)

Your Dahlia

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen